Light emitting diodes (LED); Diode-based electronic circuit elements that convert electrical energy into light. It was invented in the 1920s, but the coming of the day came in 1927 when a Russian newspaper published a book containing inventions and information about the first LED.
LEDs operating with direct current (DC) generally work with 1.6 V – 4 V voltage. Since they are semiconductors, care should be taken to the + and – terminals when connecting to the circuit. The two tuples are found, the longer one (+) and the shorter one (-).
At first, LEDs that only emit weakly red light began to emit high-brightness light at various wavelengths such as “Visible Light, Infrared, Infrared”. Today, low energy consumption is more advantageous than conventional light system because of its features such as long life, stability, small size and fast opening and closing.
- They are semiconductor materials.
- Main ingredients are silky.
- When the current flows through it, the photon emits light.
- They are manufactured to give light at different angles.
- The voltage-current graphs of the LEDs are superior. A small voltage change over the LED at the appropriate operating point causes a large current change. A series current limit resistor is connected to the LEDs to prevent distortion due to high current. This prevents distortion of the LED in non-sensitive voltage ranges.
- It reduces a constant voltage on the LEDs (like a diode diode).
- The most common use of LEDs is; Digital measuring instruments, computers with digital display, calculators, computer cases, televisions and printer electronic systems.
- It is used in vehicles with headlamps, stop lamps, brake lights, direction indicators, console, radio, CD player, navigation system, indicators and buttons due to its unaffected vibrations and its long service.
- Newly developed LEDs have started to be used instead of neon lamps in advertising especially in advertising panels due to its colorful and eye-catching structure.
- In mobile phones, key illumination is used as a hand-held flashlight and flashlight.
- It is used on giant advertising boards, football, basketball fields. There are more than 100,000 LEDs on this panel.
Decorative lighting is used as decorative light in homes, jewelers, display cases, aquarium.
- Home lighting, LED lamps for home use, lighting strips, spot lights, reading lamps, outdoor door lamps are used in many other products.
- It is used for decorative purpose of outdoor areas such as park, garden, car park.
- It is used in electronic devices such as computers, televisions, music sets, electronic circuits.
- LED lamps are also preferred in traffic lights because they use less energy and do not require maintenance.
- It is also used in television control. The television control works with infrared (IR) beams. The LED lamp in front of the controller emits infrared rays that we can not see.
The LED display is a flat panel display that uses a light emitting diode array as a pixel for video display. Their brightness allows for outdoor use in store displays and advertising panels. In recent years it has started to be widely used in public transportation vehicles. LED displays provide general lighting in addition to the visual display, in scenery or other lighting for decorative purposes.
LED screens; In general, it comes in the form of Indoor (Indoor Led System), Outdoor (Outdoor Led System) and Mobile Led Display. Indoor LED systems are manufactured with high technology, so the image quality is very high and therefore pixel density is high. Outdoor LED systems are manufactured from special mounting cans and are waterproof. They are designed for weather conditions.
The reason for preferring the LED display is,
- Can be applied in preferred area or size
- Resistance to external factors including weather conditions
- Stylish and modern
- Easy to use
- Power saving
- It is easier to reach large target groups.